Friday, June 17, 2011

Are actors not capable of being action stars anymore?

Sly, Arnie, and Van Damme made some awesome movies in their time.
Arnie was always the killing machine that was fun to watch with a gun,
Sly was a cross between a fighter and action star, Van Damme was the
king of fighter type movies these guys never failed to entertain. I
still love watching movies like The Predator, Rocky, Bloodsport. My
question is are actors no longer capable of being action stars? I know
these guys set the bar pretty high but come on.. nobody even tries to
be an action star any more. I wonder if that's because nobody is
capable or because hollywood lacks the creativity to make a fun action
film in this day and age. The last couple I can remember that were
decent are The Expendables, The Condemned, and Live Free Or Die Hard.
Actually now that I mention it it kinda looks like Stone Cold Steve
Austin is trying to go for strictly action movies. Some of his films
may have bombed but at least he is man enough to try. The new X-Men
was pretty awesome as well but that's not really the type of movie I
am talking about. Will we ever see another Van Damme again, or do you
think that technology has got the best of the business and they are
more worried now about special effects?

No comments:

Post a Comment